8. The Curies' _________ collaboration helped to unlock the secrets of the atom.
9. Marie had a bright mind and a ______ personality.
10. When she learned that she could not attend the university in Warsaw, she felt _________.
E. None of the above
11. Marie _________ by leaving Poland and traveling to France to enter the Sorbonne.
A. challenged authority
B. showed intelligence
D. was distressed
E. Answer not available
12. _________ she remembered their joy together.
13. Her _________ began to fade when she returned to the Sorbonne to succeed her husband.
14. Even though she became fatally ill from working with radium, Marie Curie was never _________.